0 Shares 301 Views 1 Comments

India slammed by Nigerian diplomats over racist attacks

Apr 04, 2017
0 302 1

The representatives of 44 African countries blamed the government for not taking any measures to ensure the safety of the African nationals after a series of attacks were made that targeted Nigerians in India. The diplomats demanded to stop such racist attacks on their citizens in India.

Just last week, a Nigerian was seriously injured by a local mob in New Delhi. The Nigerian was wrongly accused of involvement in a teen’s death.

In a statement, the African Heads of Mission said that “no known, sufficient and visible deterring measures were taken” by New after previous such attacks.

He further said that the authorities failed to “sufficiently condemn” the latest attacks and even past incidences of racist against Africans were not taken seriously.

The diplomats also called for an independent investigation for the recent by groups including the UN’s Human Rights Council, calling it “xenophobic and racial”.

In India, there are thousands of students and workers belonging from the African countries who are becoming targets of the race discrimination, even to the extend that they are wrongly accused and punished for the crimes like drug trade, without even having evidences against them.

In 2014 also, a case of African woman harassed by Delhi’s former law minister came under the spotlight.

 

You may be interested

At least eight killed and five gone missing in a coal mine blast in Columbia
World
0 shares14 views

At least eight killed and five gone missing in a coal mine blast in Columbia

Janet Mayson - Jun 24, 2017

In the central Colombia, at least people died in explosion at an illegal coal mine, while the rescuers are still searching for the…

Iran to host joint naval drill with China in Strait of Hormuz
World
0 shares68 views

Iran to host joint naval drill with China in Strait of Hormuz

Janet Mayson - Jun 17, 2017

As the Chinese Navy fleet docked at Bandar Abbas, the southern city port of Iran, the naval forces of China and Iran are…

NATO war on Yugoslavia: Serbia to sue NATO for the use of depleted uranium munitions in 1999
World
0 shares106 views

NATO war on Yugoslavia: Serbia to sue NATO for the use of depleted uranium munitions in 1999

Janet Mayson - Jun 14, 2017

Serbia is about to file a lawsuit against NATO, and has formed an international legal team, over the illegal use of depleted uranium…

One Response

  1. Indians are plying a very dirty game,this is not good for the whole world,we can call this a Indian Terrorism against humanity.

    Reply

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Most from this category