Russia says it will continue strikes on Aleppo
Photo credit: Online
The bombardment of Aleppo will continue till the time opposition rebel fighters remain in the Syrian city, Russia’s foreign minister has said a day after pledging to halt combat operations to allow civilians to leave.
Russia’s foreign minister Sergei Lavrov said, “After a humanitarian pause [the strikes] have resumed and will continue for as long as the bandits are still in Aleppo.” He told this on Friday at a meeting of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
Aleppo’s east already surrounded by the hostiles came under heavy attacks on Thursday night and throughout Friday despite Lavrov’s claims of a humanitarian pause. This has also raised questions about the Kremlin’s commitment to a ceasefire deal and its leverage over President Bashar al-Assad.
The residents of east Aleppo have been noted saying that a number of neighbourhoods had been subjected to relentless bombardment, including rocket attacks, helicopter bombings and gunfire.
“Bombing never stops,” said Abdulkafi al-Hamdo, a teacher in east Aleppo, in a text message.
UN’s human rights office, on Friday has also shown concerns regarding the fate of the civilians who left rebel-held areas, and says that hundreds of men who left those areas of eastern Aleppo had gone missing after they crossed into regime controlled districts.
You may be interested
Hizbul Ahrar claims responsibility for the SVBIED attack in AttockJanet Mayson - May 04, 2018
Hizbul Ahrar, a splinter militant group of the Tehreek e Taliban Pakistan has on late Thursday claimed responsibility of the attack that took…
North Korea announces to discontinue its Nuclear tests ahead of meeting with Donald TrumpJanet Mayson - Apr 21, 2018
Dramatic developments took place as the North Korea announces to shut down all of its nuclear test site, and stop its nuclear tests…
Latest Saudi airstrike kills two dozen civilians in YemenJanet Mayson - Apr 21, 2018
Around two dozen civilians lost their lives when the aerial attack by Saudi fighter jets launched at Yemen’s southwestern province of Ta’izz as…