0 Shares 307 Views

Russia says it will continue strikes on Aleppo

Photo credit: Online

The bombardment of will continue till the time opposition rebel fighters remain in the Syrian city, Russia’s foreign minister has said a day after pledging to halt combat operations to allow civilians to leave.
Russia’s foreign minister Sergei Lavrov said, “After a humanitarian pause [the strikes] have resumed and will continue for as long as the bandits are still in Aleppo.” He told this on Friday at a meeting of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe.
Aleppo’s east already surrounded by the hostiles came under heavy attacks on Thursday night and throughout Friday despite Lavrov’s claims of a humanitarian pause. This has also raised questions about the Kremlin’s commitment to a ceasefire deal and its leverage over Bashar al-Assad.
The residents of east have been noted saying that a number of neighbourhoods had been subjected to relentless bombardment, including rocket attacks, bombings and gunfire.
“Bombing never stops,” said Abdulkafi al-Hamdo, a teacher in east Aleppo, in a text message.
UN’s human rights office, on Friday has also shown concerns regarding the fate of the civilians who left rebel-held areas, and says that hundreds of men who left those areas of eastern had gone missing after they crossed into regime controlled districts.

You may be interested

Pakistan Army launches “Operation Khyber lV” in the Pak-Afghan border area
World
0 shares92 views

Pakistan Army launches “Operation Khyber lV” in the Pak-Afghan border area

Janet Mayson - Jul 16, 2017

According to a statement given by Pakistan's military wing "Inter-Service Public Relation" in a press briefing on Sunday, it has been shared that…

Brother of Iran’s President sent behind bars over financial charges
World
0 shares266 views

Brother of Iran’s President sent behind bars over financial charges

Janet Mayson - Jul 16, 2017

Brother of Iran's President has been sent to prison over financial charges. During a press briefing, Iran's judiciary spokesman, Gholam-Hossein Mohseni-Ejei said on…

Egyptian police beefs up security following deadly beach attack
World
0 shares72 views

Egyptian police beefs up security following deadly beach attack

Janet Mayson - Jul 15, 2017

The Egyptian police have increased the security in the port of Hurghada as investigators are on the search for motives in a high-profile…

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.

Most from this category